Trinity Lutheran Congregation began as a mission in 1856 by Pastor Ludwig Habel. He held services 4 times a year. That is how often the people communed each year. The land where the current parsonage stands was purchased and a log structure was built for use as a church and school. On the Sundays when the pastor was not available church officers conducted services. One layman who was noted as often conducting worship was Fredrick Gauger. The church was first named: Lutheran Community of the Triune God. A woman teacher was hired in autumn of the same year and was active in the school until 1880.
In 1858 under the guidance of Pastor Ahner from Cedarburg, the congregation joined the Missouri Synod.
In March of 1866, after several of the members returned from fighting in the civil war, a constitution was drawn up and the church was incorporated as “First German Evangelical Lutheran Dreieinigkeit Congregation of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession at Cedar Creek.”
The present church building was dedicated in 1879. It included a Christian Day School in the church basement.
The current teacherage with five acres of land was purchased in 1887. The parsonage was built in 1895.
Land for the church park and the cemetery on the south side of Pleasant Valley Rd. was purchased in 1902.
The Ladies Guild formed in 1920. They were a valuable addition to organizing and serving at many activities at Trinity.
In 1927 an addition was constructed on the north end of the church, which is our current chancel and sacristy and on the lower floor and furnace room was added.
Only German language was used in congregational worship services until 1936 when a monthly service in English was added to the worship schedule. By 1945, meeting minutes were written in English instead of German. The regular schedule of German services diminished gradually until ending in 1971.
Indoor plumbing was installed in the parsonage in 1945 and in the church and school in 1952. The area where the church basement bathrooms are located had to hollowed out by hand.
Increased enrollment in the Christian Day School resulted in the construction of two new classrooms. The building addition, which also included offices, fellowship room and kitchen, was dedicated May 18, 1958.
In 1971 Trinity separated from the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, due to their practice of false doctrine. For a brief time it was independent, served by an ELS pastor from Watertown, WI. Later that year Trinity joined the Evangelical Lutheran Synod and Pastor Paul Anderson accepted the call to serve at Trinity.
Kindergarten was begun in 1985 by teacher Gail Gauger
The Gymnasium-Fellowship Center, along with two classrooms, locker rooms and additional restrooms, was dedicated in 1989.
Pre-school classes were begun in 1990 taught by Barb Speerschneider.
The 135th anniversary celebration was held on October 20, 1991 with Rev. Paul Petersen, ELS vice-president preaching.
The 150th anniversary celebration was held on October 22, 2006 with Rev. John Moldstad, ELS president preaching.
Throughout its 160 years, Trinity has been seeking to serve our Lord by providing His Gospel to all our members, especially to our children, and to people in the community.
We thank the members who compiled much of the historical information for the 125th, 135th and 150th anniversaries that was used for this historical outline.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_text title=”Pastors”]
Alex Stamm 1867-1872
John H. Meyer 1872-1877
W.G. Polack 1878
G.W. Mueller 1879-1883
Carl Baumann 1884-1904
August Mueller 1904-1909
V.T. Distinon 1909-1910
Ferdinand Otto 1910-1954
Henry Kuring 1954-1958
Herbert D. Poellot 1958-1961
Plischke 1961-62, 1965
Kenneth Roever 1962-1965
Erick Falk 1965-1971
Paul Anderson 1971-1979
Kenneth V. Schmidt 1979-2009
Kenneth E. Mellon 2009- present[/vc_wp_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_text title=”Principals”]Schallachet 1876-1887
P.E. Albert 1887-1898
P.E. Frese 1899-1905
P.W. E. Natzke 1906-1912
Augus Siecke 1913-1928
Clarence Runge 1928-1935
Christian Seefeldt 1935-1943
School Closed (no teacher available) 1943-1944
Rodolph Groth 1944-1947
Edgar Wegman 1947-1955
Charles Zitzmann 1955-1978
James Finster 1978-1979
Leonard Engel 1979-1991
Don Hahnke 1991-1995
Timothy Voigt 1996-1999
Richard Brei 2000-2012
Daniel Aswege 2012-2016
Dennis Leckwee 2016-Present[/vc_wp_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_wp_text title=”Teachers”]
Mrs. Helen Wolfgram 1953-1954 (second teacher)
Mrs. Henry Kuring 1954-1958
Miss Ardeth Walter 1958-1961
Mrs. Edna Theines 1961-1970
Miss Norma Bell 1970-1972
Mrs. Dorothy Justman 1972-1975, 1976-1977
Miss Karen Barkeim 1975-1976
Mrs. LaRue Heyn 1977-3/80
Mrs. Martin Janke 3/80-7/80
Mrs. Connie Bey 1980-1981
Mrs. Gail Gauger (Thiesfeldt) 1981-1988 (Kindergarten)
Mrs. Andrea Loduha (Brudvig) 1988-1993, 1999-2000
Spring 2005, Fall 2010-2011, 2013-2016
Mrs. Frances Siegler 1988-1992
Mrs. Barbara Speerschneider 1990-Present (Pre-school)
Mrs. Sharon Schmidt Spring 1992
Miss Kris Lindemann (Oelhafen) Fall 1992- Spring 1994
Mrs. Diana Bormann (Gobrogge) 1992-Present
Mrs. Judy Larabell 1992-2004
Mrs. Kathy Mellon Dec. 1992-Spring 1993
Miss Elizabeth Ruege 1994-2000
Mrs. Laura Schaper 1995-1996
Mrs. Susan Jahns 1995-1996
Mr. Richard Holz 1996-2002
Mrs. Stephanie Halderson 1996-1997
Miss Jeanine Heller 2000-Present
Mrs. Mary Schoeneck 2002- 2003
Mrs. Erin Koschnitzke 2003- 2004
Ms. Laura Vettleson 2004- 2005
Mr. George Kellermann 2006-2013
Mr. Jim Speerschneider 2013-Present
Mrs. Christin Leckwee 2016-Present[/vc_wp_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]